Within 72 Hours
In preparation for going to their new homes, our puppies will be checked and certified in good health by our licensed veterinarian. Each puppy will have had all of their age appropriate vaccinations and deworming before leaving our home. Shining Star Doodles guarantees puppies are healthy at the time they leave our home. We strongly encourage the puppy to be seen by a certified veterinarian within 72 hours of possession(appointment at buyer’s expense). During this veterinary appointment, we recommend you schedule your puppy’s next vaccinations. If your puppy is not taken to be checked by a certified veterinarian within 72 hours of possession this guarantee is void.
If a certified veterinarian did find a minor pre-existing health condition, we would cover up to $50 towards the treatment costs. This does not cover worms (internal parasites) as they are common in puppies.
If a certified veterinarian found a pre-existing life-threatening problem the buyer needs to contact Shining Star Doodles immediately with the veterinarian’s records. From there the (original) buyer will be offered their choice of one of the following options:
1. A refund of the purchase price of puppy (excluding delivery or shipment costs) with the return of this puppy to Shining Star Doodles. *The original puppy will need to be returned within 2 days (48 hours) of examination.
2. A replacement puppy from the next available litter. (Delivery and/or shipment cost not included) *The original puppy will need to be returned to Shining Star Doodles within 2 days (48 hours) of the examination.
– All our puppies have had age appropriate vaccinations against Parvo and other highly contagious diseases, but since the nature of this illness is unpredictable we ask that you keep your puppy off public grounds(such as parks, sports fields, commonly used streets, beaches, veterinary clinics, etc.) until he/she has completed all puppy vaccinations which it about 16 weeks of age. Even though your puppy has had some of their vaccinations and been dewormed, not all pet owners vaccinate their animals which puts your puppy at risk for exposure. If you do need to take your puppy into a public area such as the veterinary clinic, please carry your puppy in your arms or in a pet carrier for prevention. DO NOT PUT PUPPY ON THE GROUND. The guarantee becomes void if an illness should occur due to the above conditions not met.
This 72-hour guarantee does not cover “change of mind” circumstances.
Shining Star Doodles will not be held responsible for the illness or death of any puppy which is found injured due to neglect, malnourishment, dehydration, accident related, or abuse; that could have been prevented and treated by the puppy’s owner.
24 Month Guarantee
This 2-year guarantee covers life-altering genetic diseases that would severely affect the dog’s life. The diagnosis would have to be made before the dog’s 2-year birthday(24 months) and by a certified veterinarian. Testing and examinations are at the cost of the buyer. Any information and results pertaining to this condition will need to be provided to Shining Star Doodles as proof of diagnosis (including X-rays). Shining Star Doodles reserves the right to a second opinion from a certified veterinarian. If the licensed veterinarian confirms this diagnoses and requires treatment, Shining Star Doodles would provide one of the following without requiring the return of the original dog:
1. Up to 50% of the original purchase price of puppy paid towards specialist recommended treatment.
Server life altering genetic diseases include:
*Hip Dysplasia (Note: this diagnosis would have to prove the hip dysplasia is severe and would affect the quality of life. This diagnosis would need to be made by OFA or Pennhip, not a Veterinarian)
* Serious genetic eye diseases such as Progressive Retinal Atrophy. (Note: This diagnosis would need to prove this is severely life-altering and diagnosed by an ACVO certified Veterinarian)
Shining Star Doodles will not be held responsible for the illness or death of any dog which is found injured due to neglect, malnourishment, dehydration, accident related, or abuse; that could have been prevented and treated by the dog’s owner.